The aim of this Workshop is to bring together researchers and practitioners who are working on various aspects of social robotics and adaptive interaction. The expected result of the workshop is a multidisciplinary research agenda that will inform future research directions and hopefully, forge some research collaborations.
Topicis (of interest) include (but are not limited to):
- Personalized Human Robot Interaction (HRI)
- User modeling in social HRI
- Adaptation strategies for social HRI
- Affective interaction with robots
- Machine learning for social robots
- Natural Language Interaction with social robots
- Emotion detection in social HRI
- Social Assistive Robots
- Social Robots in Education
- Social HRI and Cognitive Impairments
- Social Robots as Conversational Recommender Systems
- Social Robots in the real world
- User-centered Design in social HRI
- Behavior Transparency for Social Robot
- Empirical Evaluation of Social Robots
Papers must be formatted using the same ACM template (single-column format) and formatting adopted by the main conference (you can retrieve them at https://www.um.org/umap2022/call-for-papers/
, Section "Length and formatting"). Workshop papers till 7 pages (excluding references) will be considered as short papers, while workshop papers between 8 and 14 pages (excluding references) will be considered as full papers.
Papers that exceed the page limits or formatting guidelines will be returned without review.
An international panel of experts will review all submissions. Work that has already been published should not be submitted unless it introduces a significant addition to the previously published work.
- Apr 25 Workshop paper submission deadline
- May 11 Notification for workshop papers by workshop organizers
- May 18 Camera-ready workshop papers collected by workshop organizers for UMAP adjunct proceedings (mandatory)